Do you need help in accessing and using our website? Do you use a screen reader or special browsers? We are committed to making our websites equally accessible to all users including those with disabilities or visual impairments.
Adjusting your settings
This site has been optimised for Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 and above and for Mozilla-Firefox version 1.5 and above. Your screen resolution is best set on 1024 x 768 pixels.
For Microsoft Windows users, to check and change screen resolution or colour depth:
- Go to Start - Settings
- Open Control panel
- Double click Display icon
- In the Settings tab, change your screen resolution and colour depth
For Mac users, to check and change colour depth:
- Click on the Apple menu (No keyboard shortcut)
- Click on the Control Panels sub-menu and then click on Appearance to open the Appearance control panel
For Mac users, to check and change screen resolution:
- Make sure you are in Finder - press Apple + Tab if necessary to cycle through open applications until you return to Finder
- Click on the Apple menu or press Ctrl + F2
- Click on System Preferences or press the down arrow key to highlight it and then press Enter
- Click on the Displays icon or press Tab repeatedly (you might need to press Ctrl + F7 first) to cycle through the icons until the Displays icon is highlighted with a blue border and then press the Spacebar
- Click on the Display tab or press Ctrl + F7 (once or twice) to highlight one of the four tabs and then press the left or right arrow key to select the Display tab (highlighted in blue) if it is not already selected.
- The typical display resolution is 1024 x 768 to make text on the screen bigger you can change it to 800 x 600 or 640x 480. To do this either click on the resolution you want or press Tab until one of the Resolutions: settings is highlighted (in blue) then press the up arrow to the resolution above and the screen size will change within a few seconds, repeat the process up or down until you find the best screen resolution for you.
- When you are happy with screen size click the Close (red) button at the top of the window or press Apple + W to close the window and return to the Finder desktop
If you cannot see the entire page use the scroll bar on the right-hand side of your screen to move up and down the current page. The Shell logo takes you back to the homepage. Clicking on the "back" button of your browsers toolbar will return you to the previous page.
Shell Pensions in the UK has two sub-sites: Shell Contributory Pension Fund and the Shell Overseas Contributory Pension Fund. You can access these two sub-sites by clicking on the corresponding links in the navigation on the left-hand side of the page.
All pages (except the Shell homepage) have a “breadcrumb trail” at the top, for example: “You are here: Home > Shell Contributory Pension Fund > I have left Shell”. The breadcrumb shows where the page currently displayed sits on the Shell Pensions in the UK. Each term in the breadcrumb is a link that allows you to access the parent pages of the current one and the Shell Pensions in the UK homepage.
The sitemap can be accessed by clicking on Sitemap in the footer which appears on every page. The sitemap gives you a hierarchical outline of the entire website and links to direct content pages and sections. Its original state gives an overview of the first two levels. Clicking on the second level reveals the links to every page in that section.
Whenever you search our website you will see results from the entire Shell web presence., On the right-hand side you can refine your search by audience, type of document (pdf, doc) and language. You can also modify the way the results are being displayed to show more or fewer lines of summary text and an optional published date.
Sometimes a recommended result will be displayed at the top, differentiated from the rest by a red tag “recommended” situated next to the result title. We have introduced these to display what we think is the most appropriate content based on your keyword or phrase.
Apart from the occasional survey that gives you the opportunity to feedback, specific queries, questions or comments can be sent via email to: SI-UK-Pensions-Web-Editor@shell.com